Monday 21 September 2015

Day 1 of Horticulture:

I began my first lesson in Horticulture on the 31st of August, 2015. The class began with an introduction into the subject of Horticulture. I learned that Horticulture is the science or art of cultivating fruits, vegetables, flowers and ornamental plants. It is also the cultivation of a garden. After the introduction my teacher continued by explaining the importance of design within a garden and demonstrated its importance by showing us a clip from the well known TV show "Super Gardens". In conclusion to this lesson I learned the meaning of Horticulture, how important it is to be accurate and precise when planning your garden and also how vital it is to be organised when designing your garden.


Example of a well designed garden:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment